Monday 23 September 2013

Pizza




My family and I are pizza lovers, we love to visit our local pizza restaurant where the boys get to make their own while B and I chat lazily over cold fizzy drinks. I also love to make pizza for my family. I have tried several recipes over the years and have finally found a simple but great little one. The dough is soft and tasty and with a fresh zingy tomato sauce it epitomizes my favourite kind of pizza. You can make the tomato sauce ahead, I make double then freeze half.

Pizza dough
700 g strong white flour
1 rounded tea spoon salt
1 table spoon sugar
50 g butter
15 g packet (2 x 71/2g sachets) fast-acting yeast
3 table spoon olive oil, plus extra for brushing
350-400 ml lukewarm water
 
Place the flour, salt and sugar in a big mixing bowl. Rub in the butter, add the yeast and mix together. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, add the oil and most, but not all, of the warm water and mix to a loose dough. Add more water or flour, if needed.
 
Take the dough out of the bowl and let it sit on a lightly floured worktop, covered with a tea towel, for 5 minutes. Then knead the dough for 10 minutes or until it feels smooth and slightly springy. (You can also do this in a food mixer with the dough hook – it takes half the time. Let the dough relax for a few minutes again)
 
Place in an oiled bowl in fridge until ready to use. I make this quantity into 3 pizzas and use anything we have in the fridge. But my absolute favourite is figs and pancetta.
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...