Monday 11 June 2012

Alone....

When I was 19 my parents moved away. They bought a lovely hotel and after a couple of years moved to a village. Not having my parents just around the corner is hard sometimes, I would love to just pop over for a cup of tea and a chat.

We do see them for longer periods though when we visit for the weekend. This weekend however they had my boys for the weekend. A was so excited and kept saying to me "we are going down to grandma's and papa's mum, but you and dad need to stay here" love him, I think he was looking forward to having my parents to himself!


Here are a few snaps of what my husband B and I got up to. It was lovely to be like a couple again, I think we really needed it.



Friday evening and after seeing a tweet from Hobbs House Bistro I booked a table. I had asparagus and egg to start, B had mackerel. For mains I had a beautiful lamb breast and B had venison with beetroot and fresh horseradish. It was all so well cooked. I got quite tipsy! Just as we were leaving a man who had been sitting opposite me came over. He said "Are you Nat?" I said I was and we had a chat, he said he had seen my tweet earlier. It turned out to be the managing director of Hobbs House, Trevor Herbert.


On Saturday B took me for a ride on his new motorbike to Wales. We stopped and watched a carnival and then had a gorgeous pub lunch. Just to sit, quite with my thoughts was heaven.




I photographed this flower in the pub garden, so beautiful. B thinks it is a Lilly.



On our way home we stopped at a great little craft centre. We watched a man make bronze pendants and I found some beautiful fabric which I think I am going to cover one of my cushions with


Sunday and after a lye in!!! we went on a craft trail. There are so many talented people in here. I bought the above strawberry flower pot from the Mosaic lady and am planning to go back to her and make a house sign for the cottage.






You essentially follow a map and go into peoples homes and gardens to see and buy their art, creations etc. We stopped for a sneaky cream tea. Patrick is a man who makes wooden spoons, his mother made all the cream teas, honestly the best we've ever had.


We visited a lovely old lady with the most amazing quilts. She does not hold classes but I think if I go to see her with a tin of home made biscuits she may help me start my first quilt, here's hoping.

So if you have children you should try and have some time away. Maybe a swap with other friends who have children. They can have your children for one day and vise verse. I recommend it 1000 times over

Take care, Natalie xx




1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmmm - to have a weekend together.

    The last (and our very first in twelve years) was back in April. At first we didn't know what to say to each other and just giggled, but it's amazing how quickly you get into the swing of it.

    Happy memories,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...