Thursday 4 July 2013

Poppies






On our way to a wonderful little pub on Sunday we drove past many beautiful fields, oat, wheat, rapeseed, and then a flash of red. 

So beautiful, we spent a time watching the beauty of the poppy flowers moving in the wind. I hope these small moments are teaching the boys to appreciate the little things in life and that they are fleeting

I picked one single poppy to take home with us, it wilted within 8 hours 

Taking part in Lou's nature in the home

Natalie

8 comments:

  1. This put a smile on my face, thank you Natalie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so pleased, they really were so beautiful xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous pictures Natalie. So fab to see you on Saturday - we had a lovely day in the sunshine afterwards. I really hope we manage a get together at the Ethicurean this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so lovely to see you too C, your daughter is beyond beautiful xx Me too, it looks like a few dates are popular. I would love to meet up over the summer hols with my boys too xx

      Delete
  3. Wow! Your poppy pics are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautuful images and just love poppy fields. Apparently the thing to do is to take a cutting when the stem has straightened and the bud is about to open and then as soon you get home cut a small piece off the stem off, put in just boiled water for 20 seconds or thereabout and then in fresh water and it should last a couple of days. They are notorious for not liking our little home comforts. Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are going back to the field today so my son and I can draw them before the wilt, I will try this and let you know how it goes xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...