Wednesday 17 April 2013

Bristol Blueberry Muffins - Recipe corner



When Asa was around one years old I enrolled us both in sing and sign classes. There, every Thursday morning we would learn signs for "more" "milk" "dog" "please" and so many more, all learned through songs. Looking back I am so proud of us both, meeting lots of new mums was a bit daunting but I had my little man there looking after me. He loved these sessions and I remember about 3 weeks after we started we were sat in our garden, I could hear a dog barking, Asa looked at me and signed "dog" out first every communication through a shared understanding of what we had learned. Amazing

In Southville where we went for our sessions there is an amazing community centre, always busy and always something going on. They have a lovely cafe there where we used to sit and just be for a few hours. They sell the best blueberry muffins ever, fact

I persuaded the owner to tell me her recipe and here it is for you to try and enjoy, so easy but so good. Asa now calls these squashed fly muffins, fine by me if it means he gets some of those super fruits inside him

125g melted unsalted butter, cooled
2 organic large eggs
125ml milk
225g plain flour
175g golden caster sugar
2 tea spoons baking powder
300g fresh blueberries

Preheat your oven to 190c. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
Whisk the butter, eggs and milk together in a bowl. In another bowl mix together the flour, sugar and baking powder. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, then fold in the blueberries. Divide the mixture between the cases and cook until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Best to eat these warm

Take care, Natalie xx

2 comments:

  1. Does the community centre still have a nursery attached to it? I remember sitting in that cafe waiting to pick my little boy (now nearly 16) up.

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure, it's been a little while since I went, my goodness how time flies. I wish I could pause it somtimes! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...